Sunday, May 25, 2008

Thomas the Train

Every Memorial Day Weekend Thomas the Train has been coming to the Heber Valley Railroad for a visit. Jake, Stevie, and I went on Friday to ride in the "coaches" of Thomas and see the festivities. It is quite expensive for the short train ride, but at least the rest of the stuff is free. To be honest...I would pay an even higher price if I had too because it is truly magical for my kids. Jake loves trains of course, but Stevie does as well.

The McClellands joined us there and we happened to run into Luke, Jake's friend from preschool and he rode in the same seat as well. Jake & Stevie were both all smiles most of the ride. They loved seeing the conductor and all of the other trains in the yard. After the ride we joined Emily & Sarah (a few of my close roommates from college) and their children for tattoos and a petting zoo. Dairy Keen was next on the list and it was nutty. Jenna & Stella met us there. Last day of school in Heber and along with the Thomas the Train crowd...I have never seen that place busier. Despite the crowd, everyone still had a good time eating and playing with the train table and Lego's. It was fun to see so many friends in one morning.

3 comments:

Nelson said...

Fun times!
They look so excited. We were there Monday.

katrina berg said...

i just luv all the pictures...looks like you had a wonderful time. count us in for sure next year. i think my brain will be back by then :) luv you!

Tracie Bramhall said...

Jake's grin is so big and so happy. I love the pictures. I am sure Taylor & I will be joining you in a year or two for the train ride.