Sunday, May 11, 2008

Philly!

This past year my wonderful husband has given me the opportunity to travel not once...but twice on a long weekend getaway. In September was NYC and last weekend was Philadelphia. My cousin Amber lives there and I have been wanting to visit for many years. I booked a flight and then when I was sharing the news with my friend Miranda, she really wanted to go. Miranda served her mission outside of Philly in the Cherry Hill, NJ Mission and has been dying to go back to the area for a visit. Her husband came to her rescue and gave her the trip to come with me as her 30th birthday gift. Worked out great.

Amber and her fiancee Mike were great hosts and tour guides. Thank you so much for taking time off work, spending money, and just showing us everything that I know you have seen before :-)

Some highlights from the trip:
* Learning so much history and seeing so many historical places. I loved the Betsy Ross house.
* Eating, eating, and more eating. Amber took us to some great places.
* Driving with Amber. She is not a Utah driver anymore :-) I would be so scared to drive, but she is so good at driving right downtown and knowing all the crazy rules with one-ways and left-hand turns.
* Watching Miranda enjoy Times Square.
* Seeing the Hansens (Tom, Sara, and Jack) in Central Park for lunch. (We went into NYC for the day).
* Having a wonderful Sunday experience when Miranda's prayers were answered and we found Fatima.
* Watching brave Amber and Miranda climb out on a ledge from the 13th floor just to get some good views and pictures. I thought I was going to have a panic attack.
* Pulling my calf muscle running the "Rocky" stairs at the Museum of Art. Then watching Miranda trying to climb on for a piggy-back from the Rocky statue.
* Getting in lots of girl talk and sharing memories.

1 comment:

Tracie Bramhall said...

Man you are making me jealous and a bit home sick...it all looked so fun!!!