Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 2008

Wanted to share pics of our Christmas this year. We had a wonderful Christmas Eve - seeing Santa at the McClellands house and then going to Grandma and Grandpa's for dinner, gift exchange, and the reading of the Christmas story.

Christmas Day has been a bit different than past years. The weather was terrible all day long and we decided to play it safe and stay home instead of visiting family. We'll call it our "Snowed In Christmas." I will say it was truly a joy to watch the kiddos open their presents and just play with them all day. Jake is at a great age for the magic of Christmas. The other true joy was that I haven't changed out of my pj's all day and there was no reason to clean the house or run errands :-) I was hoping everyone in the family would enjoy the lazy day ...but Jake and Stevie got tired of being in their pj's and asked to put clothes on this afternoon.



It ended with Jake asking about Jesus' birthday and wanting me to tell him the story again about Jesus' birth. I guess he was paying attention :-) It was a fitting way to end our happy day...the "reason for the season."

Tomorrow the weather is supposed to clear so we can go to Heber and visit with everyone there. I guess it even extends Christmas for the kids who will have more gifts to open. I hope you all had a great day as well. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Nelson said...

Looks like it was a fun-filled Christmas!
Mitch and I loved getting to know Steve more the other night. you + steve = great couple.