Monday, January 5, 2009

Dogs


I will admit…the real dog lover in our house is Steve…and they definitely know him as the “Master.” But I do love Zeke and Tippy too. They have a sixth sense that is so great. Two recent movies have made me think about the dogs more…”Bolt” and “Marley and Me.” I haven’t seen “Marley and Me” yet, but I have read the book. Both of them remind us of how loyal dogs are.

If you know Zeke, he is good with the kids, but he really just wants to have his own space and stay away. Last week, we found him lying at the foot of Stevie’s bed while she was sleeping. This is very unlike him…we couldn't figure it out. And then about 6 hours later, she was up in the night with the stomach flu. He knew! Zeke kept going in her room for the next day or so and lying down. It was so sweet.

I’ve been reminded that I rely on them to protect our house, among other things. They also have a way of guilting us in to exercise. Here’s to hoping that Zeke and Tippy are around for many more years to come.

No comments: