Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

We missed Tennessee! Unfortunately, the Thanksgiving 2007 trip didn't go so well with our middle child (I will not mention names). So we waited a full year to attempt the travel part again. It all went much better than expected. The visit was wonderful as usual. To go with the Thanksgiving theme...I am thankful to have married into a family that is so loving, giving, and accepting.

Some highlights of our trip:
* The Nashville Adventure Science Center - even though Jake and Stevie were a little young, GranDaddy really loved it :-)
* Cousins, cousins, cousins. My kids were entertained and taken care of most of the time by all of their cousins. They are the youngest of the clan, so they really look up to the older kids. Stevie is especially in love with Cory and Jake idolizes Sam.
* Road Trip with Steve (and Kelly) to Birmingham to see the Silsbees. I really don't remember the last time we went on a road trip. I miss that!
* Pedicure and Movie with the Girls. Personally...I was hoping Twilight was going to be a little better. But everyone says you have to see it again to love it.
* No cooking for me! Stephanie, Judy, and Krissy cooked. Good good food. I really should have helped more on that end. But thank you very much.
* Playing in all of the leaves. The kids and I are always amazed at the amount of leaves. Utah definitely doesn't have that.
* Sad but true...Jake's puppy is officially gone. Lost somewhere in the Nashville airport. See next post.
* Also, sad but true...Nannie fell while we were at the park and had to get stitches in her knee. Stevie Kate keeps talking about Nannie's big boo-boo.
* Seeing a duck at the park with an amazing hairdo.

No comments: