Sunday, June 15, 2008

Stevie's Firsts

My daughter has amazed me this week with some new "firsts." Stevie Kate seems to have grown up so much in the past few months. I guess that is how we know we are ready for the next child :-)

* First time at preschool. Stevie is going one day a week to preschool now...for the months of June and July. A little practice for her not being the baby and having mom all to herself. I was so nervous about how she would react because of "not so good" past experiences at Church and Deer Valley. I kept warning the teacher and when I dropped her off last week I was so upset thinking that she would be thinking I was abandoning her, etc. You know all of those crazy mom thoughts...right? To make a long story short...Stevie cried for about two minutes when I left and then no tears for the rest of the day. Her teacher said she loved it.

* First time pooping on the potty. Sorry for those of you who don't want to hear potty stories about my kids. However, this is a big occasion and she did it three times this week. Now I need to gear up to do the rest of the potty training.

* First time down the water slide at the pool. She went first with Dad and then with Mom, and then wanted to try it herself. Steve let her go a few feet in front of him. She wasn't heavy enough to make it all the way down without stopping, so he gave her a push from behind. She loved it!

* First time she went to the movies with me and Jake. I guess I shouldn't say this is the first time...because we did see one other movie over a year ago with her in the theater. But this is the first movie she actually watched and paid attention. You can't beat watching a movie with popcorn & candy, along with good friends. We saw Kung Fu Panda this week with the McClellands and she sat still for almost the entire movie.

* First time she has shown notice of the pregnancy. This week I really noticed her paying attention to my stomach and being careful and loving. She talked to the baby a few times this week in a really sweet voice. I know that watching the movie of the Bergs meeting their new baby Garrett really helped.

No comments: