Sunday, June 15, 2008

Kung Fu Jake

When I took the kids to see Kung Fu Panda this week, my only thought was that it would be fun family time. I didn't really think about the "kung fu" part of the movie or how that might affect my children.

After the movie, it took about 15 minutes for us to walk to the car. The reason it took so long was because Jake & Chase really believed that they were now kung fu warriors fighting each object they encountered along the way. That includes cardboard cut-out movie ads, drinking fountains, walls, the floor, doors, and of course each other. The kung fu moves include chops, rolls, jumps, yelling, etc. I laughed and laughed.

We got home around 7:30 and got ready for bed. At 9:30 I went upstairs to check on the kids, certain they were asleep. There was Jake in the bathroom doing kung fu moves to the wall. Although he has slowed down on the moves, he is still practicing in his quest to because Kung Fu Jake.

No comments: