Sunday, April 13, 2008

Finding Warmer Weather

We had duel motivations for heading to St. George, UT and Logandale, NV last week. First and most important, to visit family and friends. Second, to get to some warmer weather. With about 8 inches of new snow at the beginning of the week, we were ready to go. Steve stayed behind to do some meetings and pressing projects at work. Thanks to Miranda & fam for hosting us the first night and to Nikki & fam for hosting us the rest of the trip.

Highlights:
1) Jake hiking with Miranda and Maya in the narrows. I couldn't fit with my big belly, so that is how narrow the walls were.
2) Seeing the monkey show at the Clark County Fair with the Staheli kids. Stevie said this was her favorite part (although I'm sure Jake led her to that answer).
3) Jake and Stevie riding the roller coaster at the carnival with the rest of the crew (Nikki, Miranda, Maya, Denett, Jackson, Max, and Laden). Jake said this was his favorite part.
4) Watching Miranda and Denett fall over after going on a ride together at the carnival.
5) Nikki fixing almost every meal for me.
6) Trying to tell if Steve Staheli was making a joke or telling the truth.
7) All of the help that I got from our Staheli cousins.
8) Playing on the water slide and all of the other fun toys in Nikki's back yard.
9) The funny sunburn on my arms.
10) No major issues on the drive to and from.

Can't wait to visit again.

5 comments:

steph said...

I couldn't see the pics but I'm sure they were cute. Bran and I were in St.George and Vegas last week too. Have to love the warmer weather. I can't picture you with a belly already. My belly is huge...I swear it is bigger faster this time.

Nelson said...

So much fun! Love the pictures!

Tracie Bramhall said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun down south. I am really sad I missed it but so glad that you had such a good time.

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

I still wish we could have had you down here, but next time! We had such a good time, I can't wait to blog about how much fun it was...even if my kids still haven't recovered from the long day of no naps and going, going, going! I still can't believe our kids loved that rollar coaster so much!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Flores Online, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://flores-on-line.blogspot.com. A hug.