Sunday, November 1, 2009

Bike Racing

My guess is that Steve has spent more time on his bike this summer & fall than ever before. He loves mtn biking and I usually embrace this passion. I know how it feels like to release stress with exercise and just to feel better about life. Anyway...Steve and my brother Casey and brothers-in-law Duff, Troy, and Dave decided to train and complete the 24 Hours in Moab race. They did the race 3 weeks ago and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. I was impressed at how well they did as a team , placing 6th in their division. The team motto was "Beware of Duff"...so true. That race doesn't apeal to me very much because of the night-riding factor...but the team race sounds kinda cool. Here are a few pics from the weekend.

After that race, Steve was inspired by Duff to try out Cyclocross racing (hope I spelled that right). The kids and I went to watch Steve and Duff race and it was easy to watch and cool to see something different. He liked that race too. But now that we have been getting snow...I think his frame of mind is shifting in ski season mode...his other outdoor passion :-)

No comments: