Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Grandma Helen


My Grandma Helen, also know as Grandma Draper, passed away on Monday. Cody has to speak at the funeral on Saturday and asked us all to send him a few memories and thoughts about Grandma. Here they are...

I remember my Grandma being the happiest when she was taking care of others. She loved to cook for us, quilt for us, and help out where she was needed. Her homemade chicken noodle soup and rolls will never be outdone. I know my Dad will miss that terribly. Every Christmas I love to pull out the stockings that she made for me and my family. And I know that I always can find a quilt to remind me of her too.

One of things that I admired most about Grandma was her strength. I believe she passed that strength and determination on to her granddaughters. I will never forget the incident with the rattlesnake in the front yard. And I will especially never forget how she was determined to live by herself and do for herself until she passed on to Heaven. She was a great grandma and I will miss her.

1 comment:

The Elliott's said...

Lesa,

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Julie