Sunday, November 4, 2007

Old Navy Accident

The kids and I went to Old Navy on Thursday morning to get a few things. While we were there, Stevie stayed in the stroller and Jake was walking with me. I heard Jake say "I need to go potty Mommy." I told him to hold on while I hung up the pants I was looking at. As I turned around to take him to the potty, I saw a very disturbing thing. Jake had his pants down and was shooting a large stream through the aisles. I screamed and ran to him and pulled his pants up. He started crying as I put him in the stroller and gave him a lecture about where he should pee next time. I was mortified and looked around to see if anyone saw the accident. A miracle...no one witnessed it. I was madly wiping up the mess when a worker at Old Navy saw me and said, "Don't worry about that, we'll clean that up. What is it, milk?" I told her what happened as I turned red and she said, "It's okay, we've all been there." Sweet woman.

I will take blame for this one because I have let him pee outside all the time and just tell him, "If you need to go, just pull your pants down and go." I think he got confused about whether he was inside or out. Jake apologized for most of the day...so I hope he has it figured out now.

2 comments:

katrina berg said...

this is by far the funniest potty story i've EVER heard! i'm happy for you that jake understood. it's great to have one good story, we don't need more than one for each kid right? :)

The Walkers said...

Seriously, I could not stop laughing when I first read this story, and I just re-read it again, and it still makes me laugh. Because that is such a classic thing for little boys to do. Did I ever tell you about Jackson wanting to pee on the flowers at the temple?? Not as funny as this one, but maybe a close second...