Saturday, August 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Jake...

We celebrated Jake's 5th birthday yesterday...the five year mark and it really made me reflect on the day he was born. An emotional birthday for me for some reason. I remember clearly the overwhelming feeling of love that I had...and the instant connection. Jake was so tiny and scrawny, but his eyes were so wide and beautiful and they kept looking right up at me.


I feel so blessed to be a mother, and especially a mother to him. He is so patient and loving as I try to figure out how to become a better mom for him and his sisters. Happy Birthday Buddy...you are the best...I love you.

2 comments:

steph said...

He is such a cute little guy with the biggest, best eyes. I can't believe he is 5 but it is such a fun age. Are you sending him to kindergarten this year? I don't remember if you are?

Suzie said...

I have such a crush on this kid...He is so lucky to have such a great mom!