Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Friendships

I recently read this quote and I loved it!

"With clothes the new are the best, with friends the old are the best."

I spent some time last weekend with some very close friends, eating, shopping, watching a movie, and just talking laughing talking. Most of my closest friends are ones that I have known since elementary or middle school. It feels good to have friends who know so much of my history and my family and who I have shared so many experiences with. I feel blessed to have kept close to them. I love that we all bring different things to the table and we can learn from each other. Having girlfriends that are going through the same things as me on a daily basis helps me get through it all. Thank you for being there for me.

I thought quite a bit about friendship (friends & family) that weekend. I’m always trying to organize time to get together. Personal goal...one thing that I need to do better at is to just see a need with a friend or family member and try to help. I’m really good about scheduling dinner and other activities, but I’m going to try to do better at the other part.

2 comments:

ldsppd said...

Lesa-
Thanks for this post, I know I am a great friend (just kidding). I think you are right, though. How would we get through any of this craziness without each other? Can't wait for the next GNO.

The Walkers said...

I'm again so bummed that I missed out on the fun, and what you wrote almost made me cry! You don't realize how important girlfriends still are, until you haven't had the chance to reconnect with them again! What are your plans for Thanksgiving?