Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Another Attempt

If you have read Katrina’s blog, you saw that the last time we went to Discovery Gateway (the children’s museum in SLC) it was somewhat of a disaster. And it didn’t end at the museum either. Stevie actually pushed Jake down the stairs and locked us out of the house when we got home. Wow. It was one of those experiences that I didn’t want to document in my blog because I didn’t want to relive it. (And blogs are supposed to be all positive...right? Ha ha). But I’m just thankful that Katrina was there with me. Thank you for all of the help.

Anyway…Jenna called and really wanted us to go with her and her little ones – Stella & Drew. I spent some time contemplating it and decided to attempt it again and try to minimize the issues by planning ahead and being prepared. In this case, that meant tennis shoes (so I could chase Stevie), the front-carrier (so Kelly wouldn’t cry as much), and a pep talk in the car discussing consequences for both Jake and Stevie if they didn’t follow Mommy’s Rules. We ended up having a good time and no major issues or runaway children. Who really knows if it was the planning or just a fluke. That was the first time for Jenna and her kids to Discovery Gateway and hopefully there will be many more. I am a big fan! www.discoverygateway.org

Jake's Favorite - The Tractor

Stevie's Favorite - Shopping at the Grocery Store

Stella's Favorite - Playing in "The Bird House"

No comments: