Sunday, July 13, 2008

Jake's Swimming Lessons


Jake just finished his first set of solo swimming lessons. We did the Parent/Tot class two years ago, but this was the first time on his own. He absolutely loved it and Stevie and I loved it too because it got us to the pool. I didn't have high expectations going in about the learning curve...I just wanted him to enjoy the water and have fun. But I was impressed! He learned to float and now loves to dive his head under and swim underwater for a few feet. He passed and can now go on to the next class. Good job buddy!

Two small mishaps to report...Stevie jumped into the hot tub and had to be rescued by me...luckily I had my bathing suit on. Jake jumped into the deep end after lessons and had forgotten that he didn't have his water wings on. I didn't have swimming attire on during this lesson and luckily after a few seconds, the lifeguards rescued him. I was ready to jump in, but happy I didn't have to. That would have been a sight :-)

The pool where Jake took lessons has a slide and kid area. It was fun to stay after lessons and play. Wow...I know I feel the best in the water...weightless :-) And with all of this extra weight right now...I love the pool. I do feel bad for those who have to look at me in a bathing suit...but it's all about comfort at this point.

1 comment:

Goodfellow Family said...

Love your blog girl. Wow you are almost there. Can't wait to meet the little one. Loves! Sarah