Sunday, November 7, 2010

Catch Up - Part 1

FALL FUN

For all of you who have been bugging me to "update the blog"...here you go.  I am slacking, so please keep pestering me.  Seems like my sisters and I share a quirk about having to do things in order.  I can't just pick up in November now...I have to go back to where I left off.

Soccer - Jake and Stevie both played soccer this fall - on different teams and in different leagues.  We all spent quite a bit of time at the soccer field and although it was fun and worthwhile, I was ready to be done.  Kelly was not a good sport at all at soccer games and that made it hard on the rest of us.

Jake had Coach Elaine this season and a good group of boys - all new friends.  A little rough at first, but but the end of the season it was great.  He really made progress at the end of the season too - even scoring some legitimate goals and really hustling. 

Stevie had Coach DJ this season and a great team.  Her good friend Gracie was on the team and a few other girls that she knew a bit - but they were all so darling.  After a few games, Stevie got the concept and became really competitive and loved to kick the ball and score goals.  She was mostly competitive with one of the girls on her team - Maggie.  They fought over the ball quite a bit...funny.  Maybe the concept of teamwork will come next year.  One of the moms is a photographer and took some great shots.

 
BYU Football
Uncle Shane is starting Middle Linebacker this year for BYU.  I am so impressed at how well he has played...despite the losing record for BYU.  It has been fun to watch and we have been able to go to a few of the home games.  He is such a nice and humble guy...and a great uncle to my kids.  It is crazy to see him be so aggressive on the field.  I told Carrie to watch out when football season is over...he will have to get that aggression out somewhere :-)  Just kidding...great job Shane.


More Pictures
Here are a few more pictures from our Scarecrow Walk and from the backyard.  The pictures of the kids mid air crack me up.

1 comment:

The Staheli's said...

Those are some great pictures. Kelly cracks us up. It looks beautiful there.