Sunday, January 31, 2010

New York / Connecticut

My awesome husband watched the kids for 4 days and nights while I went to NY/CT to visit Tracie and her family. We almost pulled off a surprise visit - all 4 of my sisters and my parents. I learned again that I have the utmost respect for parents of twins (and a two year old), it is crazy how much more work it is. Tracie and Dave handle it with so much patience and love. Lucky kids...

Anyway, the goal of the trip was to help them move into their new house. With a little fun and time in NYC in the mix too :-) They have a beautiful house in New Milford, CT and we will be coming back to visit many more times I hope. It was great to spend time with my sisters and be able to help someone else besides my own self. I feel like I get caught up in how much work it is to take care of my own family. Sometimes you need a break from your own day to day life to realize that. And the airplane ride without my children along...a beautiful thing.

No comments: