Sunday, June 7, 2009

My "Spirited" Daughters

Stevie was the best baby ever. Around the time she starting walking, she became a totally different child - feisty, independent, bossy, etc. I was a little scared when Kelly was born because from day one, she has been feisty. We had a rough several months with her at the beginning of her life. She is easy to predict now and very sweet, as long as Mom and Dad are around. She still isn't predictable when other people are watching her though.

My girlfriend used to call her daughter stubborn, feisty, difficult etc. But she has changed her vocabulary now based on a book she read and refers to her daughter's personality as "spirited." I like that too, so I try to use that when talking about Stevie and Kelly.

Well...I just went on a long weekend getaway with some girlfriends (new post coming up). First time away from Kelly and I missed her. When I got back and grabbed her with a hug and a kiss. She smiled and played with me. But when Steve got in the car to run an errand, she threw a big fit and didn't want to be with me at all. Same thing that night...screaming and everything because she didn't want me to be giving her a bath or getting her dressed. Mad mad at me...I should have guessed that she would react that way considering her personality. Good thing she forgave me the next morning and moved on. Spirited...

No comments: