Sunday, February 8, 2009

Saturday Fun


Jake and I went to Deer Valley yesterday for a few runs. He has been getting good reports from ski school and keeps asking to go with us...so I thought I would check out his progress. Yep...Jake is officially a "green" skier now. Because Steve and I enjoy skiing so much, we have always hoped that our kids love to ski as well so it can be a family activity. Hopefully we don't force it on them too much...You will like it! :-)

My job at Deer Valley is all worth it when I watch him ski with me down a green run from the top of the mountain, with a grin on his face. Otherwise I couldn't afford to send him there. And I think most of you will agree that our kids probably learn skills like that better from someone else, other than Mom or Dad. Sad but true.

On the way home from skiing, Jake asked some questions that somewhat surprised me. He is growing up faster than I want, and I guess this can be the beginning of the never-ending questions. "Mom, how do our legs move." I could answer that. "Mom, how to babies get out of your belly?" Didn't know how to answer that one for his ears so I said something like "Doctors help us." Help anyone?

Stevie Kate had to stay home this time. But to be honest, she loves her Daddy. Dad wasn't going skiing, so she was perfectly content to hang out with Dad.

1 comment:

Nelson said...

You guys are such a fun family!
Not positive how to answer the difficult question? You did great.