Monday, August 25, 2008

More of Kelly

I think Nannie (Judy) won the guessing game - she was only a 1/2 oz off on the weight and she thought it was a girl all along.

We are home from the hospital now and enjoying Kelly. Her full name is Kelly Ann Hough and she is adorable and healthy. I forget how small newborns are, especially my newborns. Stevie really looks like a giant now. Kelly was losing weight still when we came home yesterday, so we are going to take her to the doc tomorrow to make sure she is on the upward trend.

Steve made it sound like the labor was very long. What he meant by that was that we were at the hospital a very long time before labor actually started. Once it started and picked up it was over within a few hours. Not the easiest few hours :-) but I can be thankful that it wasn't longer than that. So far this recovery has been a little easier than the others. Hopefully that will continue.

Jake and Stevie are both really into their baby sister. They both pronounce her name Kerry because of the "l" problem. So we have them saying Baby Kelly so at least I know they are talking about Kelly and not Aunt Carrie. Here are a few new pictures. Thanks to everyone for the phone calls, text messages, gifts, help with the other kiddos...especially Grandma.

11 comments:

Natalie said...

1 day home and you're already blogging...impressive! We're excited to see baby Kelly again soon and would love to have your kids come hang out at our place when you want a little down time (and really when wouldn't you?!?) We'll call you!

The Staheli's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
snstaheli said...

So Cute!! You have such a great family. Hope you're all getting rest and enjoying that sweet thing. We love you all and miss you guys.

The Elliott's said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful.
I can't wait to meet her in October.

ldsppd said...

She's so beautiful!! I can't wait to see her in person. (I promise I will know who you are at that time).

Nelson said...

So happy for you.
You are right, Stevie does look more grown up.

Linsey said...

Congrats! She is a beautiful baby. I think you will come to find, that three is easier than two :)

cobijared said...

Congrats! She is beautiful I am glad everything is ok You have a darling family. I missed you this summer Cobi

bonnerbunch said...

Congrats!!She is a beautiful baby!! Wow, you do have small babies! Did it say she is your smallest @ 5.11? That is good for you!! I am happy everything went good for you, good luck with adjusting, take your time and RELAX!! Those are my words of advise!!

The Walkers said...

She is so darling, and I cannot wait to see her! I have the cutest little outfit for her too...maybe I will have to make a trip up there just to meet her?!

Rob & Candace Simpson said...

Lesa- Hello loves I miss your precious face!! Rob and I entered the realm of blogging robandcandace.blogspot.com I love ya!!
Candace