Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Flood

So for my birthday this year...I wanted new carpet.  Just kidding!  But that is what I am getting.  On my birthday I woke up to a pretty major flood in our house, complete with damage to both levels of our house.  Jake went to the bathroom around 10:30 the night before and we think the toilet just malfunctioned and overflowed like a waterfall all night.  With help from Val (I love you Dad!), we spent the morning cleaning up what we could and then turned things over to the insurance company and their disaster cleanup people.  I left with the kids for the rest of the day and Steve went to work.  When I got home late in the afternoon...I was pretty shocked to see how extensive the damage was.  And how they moved our belongings around and just stuffed it into the guestroom and the office.  I had a little meltdown then, at the expense of my dear friend Kathy.  But she promptly informed me that it wasn't a fire, everyone is healthy, and to calm down (she did give me a hug first).  She is right, although I'm sure I will have a few more meltdowns until we get everything back to normal.  It is just hard to deal with when you have three small children running around and demanding almost all of your attention.  But I will be getting that carpet along with new flooring downstairs too :-)  Here are a few pictures after everything was ripped out and the very loud fans were doing their job of drying out the house.




3 comments:

The Staheli's said...

Holy Kamoly!! That is crazy!! I would have a melt down too! I do feel for you. I wish I was there to help you! It will be a time to remember!!

Casey said...

Looks like a ton of work. I didn't think that it was that bad. Good luck

Tracie Bramhall said...

Whatever...I am jealous...all new carpets, floors!! Though the fans would probably be a bit annoying...!! Good luck wish you guys were here during it all!

Dave