Sunday, December 9, 2007

Winter Wonderland



The big storm hit! We had a yard full of snow and the resorts got about 2-3 feet of snow over the past few days. They kids and I made a snowman with Jenna and Stella on Friday. They all abandoned the snowman when they accidentally stepped on the trampoline and realized how fun it was to jump on a trampoline full of snow.

Steve did his best to keep up with the shoveling. He did go up to The Canyons for the first time on Saturday, but only 2 runs were open for the loads of people who showed up to enjoy the new snow. Hopefully they will open more soon.

I had training at Deer Valley yesterday and we actually got to free ski with a trainer for about 2-3 hours. So I lucked out and got to ski in some powder. Jake went with me yesterday for his first ski lesson from Deer Valley. It didn't go so well. He went out with Cassidy around 9 a.m. and he just never warmed up. She was able to get him to put the skis on and slide around...but that was it. He did tell me last night that he really wants to go up the lift with Mom again and maybe Sam could ride up to if he comes to visit. He said "That is a really good idea Mom." I think so!

No comments: